Poop or Chocolate?

Sunday, October 30, 2011

I had one of those moments the other day that felt like a slap in the face reminding me, "hey! you're a mom now!"

In most aspect of my life, I still feel relatively normal. I do the same things I've always done...I just have a little sidekick by my side while doing them. There are, however, moments that come up that really crack me up when I think of how becoming a mommy has actually changed me.

Case and point: I was driving in car with Henry in the backseat. I had recently bought 4 bags of Halloween candy because they were on sale and I had to buy 4 to get the best deal. Because I can't be trusted alone with candy, I left the bags in the trunk and planned on bringing them in closer to Halloween. Also because I can't be trusted with candy, I had opened one of the bags and had been enjoying a piece or two every time I opened the trunk to put the stroller in.

Anyways, I was driving down the road enjoying my Hershey's with Almonds fun-sized candy bar. I finished the chocolatey treat and continued on my drive. A few moments passed until I felt something on my hand. I looked down and there was a little ball of brown on my index finger. It was no bigger than the size of a pencil tip.

Now here's the moment that made me laugh at myself -- My immediate reaction to this ambiguous brown ball -- I sniffed it.

Only a mom! Only a mom would sniff the little brown ball she found on her finger. Was it poop that mysteriously migrated it's way onto my finger during baby's last diaper change or was it leftover chocolate?!

Phew...

It was chocolate...So I ate it!



Happy Halloween, Moms! Enjoy some yummy treats and don't forget to check your hands when you're finished!

4 comments:

Ann Jones said...

Your post made me laugh, I have done that many times :) New follower from bloggy moms, have a great week! You can find me at
http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com/
Stop by when you get the chance :)

Jessica said...

Oh boy I can relate to this, as I'm sure all moms can! Happy Halloween, I'm your newest follower from Bloggy Moms

http://jessica-healthymommyhealthybaby.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Hahaha...this is amazing!! I have definitely done this!

Found you on the Give a Hoot blog hop! I'm your newest follower! I hope you'll come check me out!
www.whenwereathome.blogspot.com

Nicole [The Lovely Poppy] said...

haha, im laughing out loud! stopping by from the lovely poppy- i'd love for you to visit and check out the huge ($100) giveaway ending soon! http://thelovelypoppy.blogspot.com/2011/10/blog-follower-giveaway.html

Post a Comment